Maesybryn Primary School

Welcome to our blog that will keep you up to date with the events of the school. If you would like to view our web site click on the link. http://maesybrynprimary.weebly.com/

Saturday 16 June 2012

School Security

I understand from Facebook entries that there is concern about a person in the bushes near to the school. I spoke to a parent on Thursday about an incident after school the night before at about 6pm where a person was seen at the end of the drive next to the school. The police were informed and i spoke to them on Thursday when they promised to increase patrols after school. As this was an isolated report it was felt best not to create the kind of panic that has been caused now by making this known to the children. The children have also been scaring each other in school about voices from the drains and elsewhere! This has added to the story, I feel. No sighting of anyone has taken place during school time and Mr. Hole has not reported anyone near the school since Wednesday. I was at school until 7pm on Thursday and again saw no evidence of anybody either. I can assure all parents that their children are perfectly safe in school and would only advise that if you are concerned about after school times, you keep your children near to the house where you can supervise them. If I thought that there was any risk to any child in school, I would inform you straight away as I have in the past with reports of cars etc. I hope that this puts minds at rest and I would suggest that the report on Wednesday evening is dealt with by the police in the correct way. I will continue to follow the police advice. Thank you for your concern. Mr. Roberts

4 comments:

  1. Just because you were there until 7 pm it doesn't mean that nobody was there. They could of been hiding, or at the other end of the school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just because you were there until 7 pm it doesn't mean that nobody was there. They could of been hiding, or at the other end of the school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that I have been made aware of this situation - things like this are very important in ensuring that our kids are safe outside of school as well as in school. Im sure I am not the only one who is disappointed not to have been told sooner though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this should have been made more aware to us as my child has come home with a much more bizarre story..
    If there is more police presence we should know why at least then we are able to explain to our children the reasons behind this.

    ReplyDelete