Maesybryn Primary School

Welcome to our blog that will keep you up to date with the events of the school. If you would like to view our web site click on the link. http://maesybrynprimary.weebly.com/

Monday 11 January 2010

Weather on Tuesday 12th January

Thanks to everyone for this afternoon - I'm really pleased with how it went today. The reason for stopping traffic outside of the school was to remove any risk to the children from sliding cars etc. The road is still icy so I would like to do the same tomorrow - park at the bottom and walk up.

I have received a severe weather warning for tomorrow. Snow is forecast for 3.00pm and there could be up to 12cm. Once it starts to snow it may be wise to come and collect. If you can't get to school before 3.35 do not worry, your child will be safe in school until you arrive! Check the blog or ring if you are concerned.

The comments today were very positive and I apologise if I have not replied to your comments on the blog - it has been rather hectic today.

SCHOOL IS OPEN TOMORROW AT 9.00AM UNLESS THERE IS A BIG CHANGE IN THE WEATHER SITUATION

Many thanks,

Mr. Roberts

6 comments:

  1. I'd just like to say how well organised it was today. It was obviously planned with a lot of thought and consideration given to both parents and children. Cathy Hill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - very well organised and helpful to everyone. The website and blog is great - I'm always on my laptop so it's really convenient to get up to date information on not only school closures but other info about the school.

    S Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also want to say how well organised it was. Making the cars park further from the school reducing the risk of sliding cars injuring children and parents was well worth it.
    This blog is fab and will keep myself as well as grandparents easily updated on all the goings on at the school, keep up the good work.
    Rachel Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to reiterate the comments above... good to see the school open and everyone making a great effort... also worth saying a thank you to the residents of Llantwit for their patience etc with some of the traffic problems... GP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the positive comments. I felt very proud of the children, parents and staff.

    Mr Roberts

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought yesterday was brilliant. Very organised and well thought out. Well done all the teachers and Mr Roberts!!

    ReplyDelete